Julie Huber, Community Growth Director
In Julie's role at GOLD, she is responsible for planning and executing strategies to grow membership, develop and grow community relationships, provide financial wellness resources to the community, and support and engage with current and new members of the credit union to promote personal financial success.
Julie is active in giving back to our community in her own time as well, and feels fortunate to be able to spend time engaging with people. These are some of the current community roles that fill her heart and soul:
- Serving on the Board of Directors for Ripple Community Inc as the Vice President, where engaging with people is at the heart of the mission.
- As a board member for Flint Hill Farm, she gets to hang out with animals and experience the quiet of nature while building sustainable programming with responsible farming practices.
- As co-chair for the Health and Human Services Committee of the Lehigh Valley Chamber. There she helps to facilitate engaging information sessions with businesses and nonprofits alike, identifying ways to address issues and navigate the ever-changing landscape of our community.
- Through the committee for Habitat for Humanity, She Nailed It, she has worked alongside influential women raising funds to help build homes in a life changing bonding experience.
- Serving as a board member with the Downtown Allentown Business Alliance has provided an opportunity for Julie to get to know the businesses of downtown Allentown and identify how GOLD can be a resource for those businesses.
All of these opportunities help Julie understand the needs of the community and to identify how to make a difference in an effective way that supports both the community and GOLD.